Buying a plant-protection drone can be quite expensive, costing $15,000 or more. We have found that it is possible to build your own uav sprayer and plant-protection drone in the $5,000-to-$7,000 range. we will tell you how to make agriculture drone sprayer An example of a sprayer drone we built for under $5,000 is shown in Figure 1.
1.Parts List of this drone
- Four (4) plant-protection motors kit (K3000 48V Brushless Motors, $380 each)
- Four (4) speed controllers (YPG 90 Amp Brushless ESC, 12S LiPO, $33 each)
- Two (2) 22,000 mAh batteries ($500 each)
- Chager (FLD-P10 $400 each)
- 4 Propeller(size 22×7 inch 2 CW, 2 CCW $50 each )
- One 6-to-12 channel radio ($200 )
- T1-A controller kit (flight controller, GPS, power module, radio link, $240)
- obstacle avoidance Radar (frant and back $320 each)
- 4 axis fiberglass frame (motor mounts, $610)
- Sprayer kit for drone (10 liter) (7 meters Pipe, 1 flow measurement,1 tank, 1 pump and 4 nozzles $500)
- Software for the drone is free from dronefromchina.com.
2.Things to note:
If you don’t feel like building a uav sprayer, some older models can be found on the internet in the $3,000-to-$4,000 range. If you do build your own uav sprayer, note the following:
- A range finder is necessary to adequately hold the low-altitude flights needed for crop spraying. We used a laser-type range finder.
- The software contains automatic terrain-following functions that will work with the laser range finder, and sprayer functions are available
- The “loiter” function works well for spraying operations by holding altitude and controlling forward-travel speed.
3.Note the following when selecting ESCs (electronic speed controller):
- Make sure the ESCs are helicopter rated because airplane-type speed controllers may not work well without substantial programming. We tried three different types of ESCs and finally used slow-start helicopter ESCs from YPG that worked well out of the box with no programming needed.
- When choosing motors, two kV (RPM per volt) ranges are available: The higher kV ranges are for lower voltage systems (24 to 28 volts), and lower kV ranges are for higher voltage systems (35 to 48 volts). Most homemade drones currently use 24-to-28-volt systems, but higher voltage systems, which will reduce amperage flow, are possible.
- Be careful with bolt lengths when mounting the motors, as the windings can easily become damaged if the bolts protrude too far into the housing.
- Professional drone frames can be purchased but will greatly add to cost of the drone
- Most drones in this category have a 3-to-5-foot frame width (although other sizes are possible).
- Use two or more batteries in parallel because one battery cannot typically handle the current usage of these types of drones.
- Do not use the power module to transmit full battery power because large-current flows can de-solder connector tabs. Use a separate battery lead for each battery. The power module can be wired separately to either carry the amperage flow from one battery or to the flight controller alone. In this case, the module will still report battery voltage to the ground station, which can be used to determine battery levels.
- When soldering wires, make sure they have enough contact to support the high amperage flow that can occur in these drones (80 to 200 amps). Use high-quality solder (60/40) and a large high-watt soldering iron (greater than 60 watts). Solder motor and ESC wires with at least one-quarter inch of parallel contact area — not end to end. When soldering multiple wires together, a clamp maybe required to hold wires together during soldering or an ESC power board should be used.
4.During operation, keep the following in mind:
- Carbon fiber props can cut bare skin like saw blades. BE CAREFUL WHEN WORKING AROUND THESE PROPS!
- Always remove the props when calibrating ESCs.
- Always test a newly built drone for correct operation without the propellers. During initial testing you can attach a large weight to the bottom of the drone or fly under a large and enclosed tree canopy for safety.
More parts you can buy these from some B2B website