Watch Drones and the Future of Farming:
This one day training course, taught by experts in the agriculture industry, introduces the student to remote sensor technology in precision agriculture, crop science, crop economics, data collection including processing and delivery, understanding the growers decision process, who and how to approach growers with your services, and working with Independent Crop Consultants. Also the students will work in a live field environment using autonomous flight mapping applications. This course is taught at our exclusive private winery, aerial cinematography training facility located in the Sierra Nevada foothills in Auburn, CA.
Precision Agriculture is expected to be 80% of the UAS market over the next decade. Industry projections and demands indicate that the UAS Precision Agriculture market will be one of the top five industries that will benefit immediately from commercial, FAA 107 UAS operations. Agricultural industry needs in drought management, disease detection, watering and spraying pesticides make UAS an intelligent and affordable option. California alone is the #1 agriculture producing state in the country and #7 worldwide.
Here’s what students will receive in this knowledge packed training;
- Sensors and data used in agriculture monitoring (RGB, NIR, NDVI and Contour Mapping)
- Understanding lighting conditions for best sensor imaging results
- Live flying exercises in gathering, processing and delivering the data to the client applying commonly used software programs
- Choosing the right imagery for the mission
- Insurance requirements
- Understanding the agriculture industry, know how to be a solution for the grower and build a successful UAS business
- Know how a grower thinks and makes decisions about their farm
- Learn how to draft proposals using our pre-designed farm worksheet
- Cost and benefits of UAS in Precision Agriculture
- Understanding crop economics and how to get paid
- Full access to our Chief Instructor for all questions after graduation
- Certificate of Completion
Cost for UAS/Drone Precision Agriculture Certification: $990.00
For a limited time, Drone University USA is offering enrolled UAS/Drone Precision Agriculture Certification students a $50.00 referral discount for each new student that completes this same training course.
Students who enroll in any other Drone University USA training course, in addition to this course, will receive a $100 discount.
This course is held at our Northern CA, private training facility in the Sierra Nevada foothills.