Wisk will start testing of electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft in New Zealand
[According to wisk company website announcement on March 29, 2021] Wisk, a joint venture between Boeing and Kitty Hawk Corporation, disclosed in February that it will cooperate with the New Zealand government in the second half of this year to begin operating trials of autonomous electric aircraft Cora passenger flights. The test site of the project is Canterbury, New Zealand. Passengers will not be carried by then. The focus is on understanding and collecting data to support the safe integration of unmanned aircraft into the airspace system.
At present, the company is working with New Zealand government agencies and aviation navigation service providers to conduct preliminary preparations including simulation data analysis. The goal is to provide powerful data that does not rely on external platforms for later governments and aviation navigation. It is used by service providers and civil aviation authorities and is advancing the access standards of unmanned aircraft on a global scale.
According to Wisk, the Cora is an electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft with a flying altitude of 1500-5000 feet (457-1524 meters), a range of about 22 nautical miles (40 kilometers), and a flying speed of about 87 knots (161 kilometers). /hour).
Wisk said it has been experimenting with Cora in New Zealand since 2017. These tests are part of the New Zealand Airspace Integration Test Program, which aims to support the testing of uncertified aircraft and their integration into the national airspace.
FlyDragon FDG-25 electric VTOL
long endurance drone 3 hours VTOL V tail for mapping surveillance
FlyDragon FDG-25 electric vertical take-off and landing fixed wing, wingspan 2.5 meters,it iss electric version . This model combines the characteristics of long-endurance, high-speed and long-distance of fixed-wing UAVs and the vertical take-off and landing of rotor-wing drones. It does not require runway but only small space for take-off and landing, and can be operated smoothly on ship deck, narrow airspace, mountain, complex terrain and densely populated areas such as hills, jungles. The whole process of autonomous flight can be completed without operator intervention for cruise, flight state transition and vertical take-off and landing. The equipment compartment is a replaceable hatch cover, and different mounting hole positions can be designed for different load requirements of the user. The fuselage is designed as quick release structure, with reliable electrical connection, plug and play; unfolding and withdrawal time is less than 10 minutes. The engine is rear-mounted and the load is placed forward to provide a larger field of view for the photoelectric load without obstruction.
Easy to assemble and operate Vertical take-off and landing, without limitation of space Resistance to harsh weather conditions Diesel-electric version and electric version optional All carbon fiber composite material, industry standard architecture Compatible with PC station, suitable for open source of autopilot system.
1. Body material: carbon fiber, glass fiber, Kevlar, pvc interlayer, etc.
2. Body length: 1.26m
3. Wingspan: 2.5m
4. Landing gear height: 19.5cm
5. Landing gear installation position: below the rotor rod
6. Task compartment size: 260mm*172mm*90mm
7. Battery compartment size: 260mm*150mm*85mm (can hold 2*5300mah and 1*32000mah at the same time)
8. Position of mission compartment: directly below the center of gravity of the aircraft
9. Structure weight: about 3.2kg
10. Maximum take-off weight: less than 13kg
11. Maximum payload: 2kg (standard load: 1-1.5kg)
12. Endurance time: 170min/1.5kg (standard power configuration) (fixed wing power can be equipped with 18650 batteries to increase endurance time)
13. Maximum control distance: manual control by remote control/1km, ground station/standard 30km
14. Standard cruising speed: 65km/h (about 18m/s)
15. Maximum cruising speed: 108km/h (30m/s)
16. Stall speed: 16m/s
17. Minimum circling radius: 150m
18. Maximum level flight limit: 4000m above sea level
19. Wind resistance of fixed-wing mode: no less than 7 wind (17.1m/s)
20. Maximum wind resistance in rotor take-off and landing mode: no less than class 4 wind (7.9m/s)
21. Operating environment: -20℃~45℃; can fly in light rain
22. Power battery: 2*5300mah (vertical take-off and landing) 2*25000mah (fixed wing cruise)
23. Rotor emergency operation time: not less than 6.5min
24. Take-off and landing method: vertical take-off and landing
25. Vertical power blade size: 16 inches (recommended)
26. Fixed wing tail thruster blade: 14~16 inches (recommended)